domenica 5 settembre 2010

9/2 Traveling and new friends

After traveling for about two days now we have finally arrived in Rome! A lot of us in the program have met throughout the connecting flights. My roommate is adorable and we have a lot in common so I am excited to be living with her.  But I have yet to meet either of my other two roommates from University of Denver.  Our connecting flight was in Germany, and they had all sorts of weird things there, i.e. Jack & Coke premixed in a can? We were there for a couple hours then we boarded for Rome.
                In Rome two of the people on our flight did not get their luggage.  So Angie and I stayed behind to see if we could use our Italian and help.  Except my Italian is a little more rusty than I expected it to be after spending over a week here in the spring… We found Meredith’s suitcase after about an hour.  However, Drew did not end up getting his bag.   We waited around trying to get it for a few hrs, while the bus waited for us.  The airport found Drew’s bag, but it won’t be arriving until 5:30 so they are going to ship it to our school for Tuesday.  I feel awful because he has no clothes at all, but at least he’s being a good sport about it because I would without a doubt be crying if I lost one of my two suitcases.
                The bus ride to Perugia is about three hours but I don’t really mind.  I love the scenery and I recognize a lot of things from the spring.  Tonight we are staying at Hotel Joe with our assigned roommates for the semester.  We have a welcoming dinner at 7:45 and I am so excited for Italian food J Now it’s time to enjoy the view and relax.

<-- Driving from Rome to Perugia





             The first night we stayed in Hotel Gio and once we had our welcoming dinner we all went out and explored the center of the city. It was a far walk from the hotel and everything was uphill and miserable. But it was worth it because the Piazza Italia was filled with students!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento